- A valid passport that should hold validity for at least 3 months after the study program or course is completed.
- A valid form of identification(identity card).
- A recent passport size photograph.
- Letter of acceptance from the Singaporean university that the individual has applied to.
- Printed copies of eForm 16 and form V36(obtained from SOLAR).
- A signed comprehensive study plan.
- A medical certificate that is consistent according to the ICA format.
- An IPA(in-principle approval letter).
- Standardized test scores(GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT).
If the applicant is required to attend an interview at the Embassy, they will need these documents:
- Birth certificate.
- Academic certification.
- Academic transcripts(past courses, grades and honours of students).
- Proof that the applicant can support themselves financially during their stay in Singapore.
These are the steps that have to be followed in order to obtain a student visa:
Ensure that all documents are ready
The applicant should ensure that they have all the documents that they need so that they can submit them when required.
Secure letter of admission from Institution
The applicant should secure their letter of admission from the educational institution that they have applied to.
They should also check if their registration on the SOLAR website has been completed. The university will normally
provide the SOLAR website with personal details(name, gender, nationality, date of birth, admission details such as
the start and end of the study program). After this has been completed, the SOLAR website will provide the applicant
with their own SOLAR application number which they can use to access SOLAR.
Fill in and submit eForm 16
After completing the SOLAR registration, the eForm 16 has to be completed and filled. The form will contain details
such as the applicant’s passport details, email address and Singaporean address(if the applicant has not made arrangements
for any accommodations, they may list the address of the university that they are going to study at instead).
Send eForm 16 to ICA and pay required fees
After the eForm 16 has been completely filled out, it should then be sent to the ICA(Immigration and Checkpoints Authority)
for a complete evaluation. After this step is done, pay the required application fees.
Await Results of Visa Application
Patiently await the results of the visa. If the application has been approved by the ICA, pay the issuance fee for the
visa and obtain it. Once the visa is obtained, the applicant can make their dreams of studying in Singapore come true.
We understand that the process of applying for this visa may be intimidating and stressful at times which is why we want
you to know that we are here to completely support you each and every step of the way. Being a leading and respected
immigration consultancy firm, we have worked with numerous clients and helped make their dreams come true.
You can come to us with even the smallest of questions and we will answer them for you. We look forward to
embarking on this journey with you and making your dreams of studying in Singapore come true.