• If the individual’s work permit expires, they should offer an officer proof that they will leave once this happens.
• Documents must be ready to be produced to officers when they want to check if an individual is qualified to enter the country.
• No past criminal record should be held and police clearance certificate should be submitted to the authorities.
• Working for an employer who offers sexual favours in the form of massages or escort services is strictly prohibited.
• A medical exam must be cleared to signify good health to enter the country.
• Must not work for any employers that are not considered eligible by the government.
• Two recently taken passport size photographs should be available.
• Requested educational qualification certificates.
• Proof of work experience.
• Results of medical examination done at registered hospitals.
• A passport that is currently valid that will also remain valid even after 6 months from the planned entry of the individual in Canada.
• Application fee for the visa.
• Financial records that prove that the individual is able to cover their expenses once they come to Canada.
The two types of work visas that are available are: open work permit and employer specific work permit. The open work permit allows
the individual to work for any employer while they are in Canada while the employer specific work permit means that they can only
work for a specific employer. The open work permit may also contain certain conditions that have to be followed such as type of work,
places where work can be done and duration of work. A person can only apply for a work permit if they possess certain visas.
The following steps have to be followed in order to obtain a work permit:
Applying for an LMIA
An LMIA(Labour Market Impact Assessment) is required for someone to apply for a work permit. The employer needs to
apply for this and have it checked by the ESDC(Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada) before the
foreign worker can be allowed to work in Canada. It is needed to show that they are needed to perform a particular
job that no other Canadian citizen or PR is able to do. The individual will need to submit their LMIA number, a copy
of the LMIA, the contract and job letter in order to apply for the work permit.
Applying for the work permit
Once a positive LMIA has been received by the employer, they must send a copy of the confirmation letter to the foreign worker.
The LMIA is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The employer must then ask a foreign national to apply to the Canadian
Visa Office for a work permit for the worker. If the IRCC(Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)positively assesses the
work permit, the foreign worker will be allowed to move to Canada to work.
We will pledge our best towards helping you obtain your work permit so that you can pursue the career of your dreams in Canada.
We will help you handle all of the complicated documentation and also assist you in finding jobs if needed. We will constantly
update you throughout the process so that you are always informed about what is going on. We are looking forward to traveling
together with you on this journey and assure that you can put your complete and utter trust in us.